A A leather protective glove should always be worn over rubber insulating gloves to provide the needed mechanical protection against cuts, abrasions and puncturesHowever there are some exceptions highlighted in OSHA's electrical protective equipment standard (c ) (vii) (A) (C).
Yes it is possible if the voltage is such that it exceeds the breakdown voltage of the specific materialThis is an often asked question yet everyday people handle " plastic insulated electric wires extensions and never get shocked.
While the rubber gloves act as an insulator from the electric current, leather protectors add a heavy layer to the gloves thus, protecting the hands from the cuts and abrasions from the wires and sharp objectsIs it possible to get an electric shock while still wearing rubber gloves
Certainly it can, if the voltage so high it can go through the thickness of the rubber, or if there is a pinhole or surface contaminationThe thin see through disposable gloves would be about worthless, as would dishwashing gloves.
AbsolutelyAnd it will hurt terribly all the while The rubber gloves used by linemen are much different than latex or nitrile gloves used by your doctorAnd, NO rubber gloves will protect you from a high voltage circuit if one of the gloves hap
Can I get a shock with (as in from) rubber gloves Highly unlikely they are non conductive but may build up a very mild surface static charge (refer to any paper comb static electricity experiment), however the charge would usually be no more than a static charge zap at the best.